She | The Redhead
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Of all the famous pinup artists in the world, our favorite is probably Alberto Vargas. He may be the most famous, but that's probably because he was the best.
We love this pinup of the contemplative Redhead. It made us curious about the nature of redheads in general and we scrounged up these fun facts!
- The term redhead has been used since 1510.
- As the rarest hair color - Redheads make up approximately 1-2% of the human population on the planet.
- During ancient times, the Greeks would often associate those with red hair as Thracians. They believed that because of the commonly barbaric behavior of redheads, they would turn into vampires when they die.
- Famed author Mark Twain is known for once stating how he believed that redheads descended from cats. This quote comes from the common belief that those with red hair are more hot-tempered than those without.
- In ancient Egypt, redheads would be offered as sacrifices to the god Osiris. This occurred during Egypt’s early history and was common during that time. Similar to the witches of Salem, Ancient Egypt would burn redheaded men and scatter their ashes with winnowing fans.
- They don't go grey at all. Scientists have found that those with red hair will retain their natural pigment longer than other hair colors. As they age, redheads’ hair color will fade from their natural red to a range of copper to blonde.
- A small study in the journal Anesthesiology found that redheaded women required 19 percent more anesthesia to be put to sleep than women with dark hair. Some scientists think that the protein mutation that causes red hair and fair skin makes redheads more sensitive to pain and therefore it’s more difficult to anesthetize them.
- Scholars have noted that many figures that have influenced the course of history were redheads. This list includes a Roman emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte, Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Thomas Jefferson, Vincent Van Gogh, Galileo, and many more.
- On average, a redhead will have around 90,000 strands of hair while others such as blondes will have over 140,000. However, because red hair tends to be thicker, they always appear to have a full head of hair.
Don't you just love learning new things? Tell your ginger you love them today :)
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
How Much Will This Shrink?
Bigger Chicken prints it's brand shirts on Bella Canvas 3001CVC blanks, which are a 52/48% blend of cotton and polyester - as such the shrinkage will be minimal, if any.
How Are These Printed?
Our Brand shirts are printed via DTG - which stands for Direct to Garment. It's a newer technology that allows for complex, full color imagery to be printed in low quantities. The prints are soft, sharp and will last for the duration of your shirt.
What Size Should I Choose?
There is a size guide right there under the shirt details. If that isn't enough information to go on, we recommend that you order one size up from your normal size.