Raven's have long been our favorite type of bird - with exception for the chicken of course!
Ravens are among the smartest of all birds, gaining a reputation for solving ever more complicated problems invented by ever more creative scientists. All members of the corvid family have been known to craft and use tools, plan for the future, barter, and even play games like hide-and-seek.
Often hunting in groups, ravens have been known to trap and kill prey twice their size. They will also hide their food from other predators, even other ravens. In fact, they often “pretend” to hide food in a safe place while another raven is watching—only to move the food cache to another location when unobserved!
Ravens can mimic human voices. In fact, they are even better at it than parrots! These intelligent birds can also mimic animal and bird calls as well as various “manmade” sounds like a toilet flushing or a car starting.
Perhaps one of the most impressive, and unsettling, facts about ravens is that they have what is called “episodic memory,” much like humans and other primates. This allows them to remember human faces and other characteristics, particularly in association with an emotion or event. In other words, they will remember how you treated them.
So, that's just a few facts about this mysterious bird, which is, in some ways, closer to human than we may realize.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping